Views of Hamilton County
Blue Rounded Corner
To replace a lost or stolen tag or decal, or both, the registered owner must bring the tag receipt or the tag number to either of the Tag and Title offices. If the owner cannot personally transact this business State law provides that he or she may designate by notarized power of attorney another person to handle the details. The notarized power of attorney document must identify the vehicle by make, model and identification number. Forms are available at the Courthouse or the Bonny Oaks branch office, by calling (423) 209-6525 or printing the html version from our forms website.

A police report is required before you can apply for a replacement tag or decal. Before applying to the Clerk's office, the State requires you to report to the police agency in the jurisdiction where the lost or theft occurred. The Officer's name and badge number is required.


Replacement costs are at a reduced state rate.


Need Photo Driver License or other acceptable photo I.D. Go Here for acceptable forms of I.D.


Also, when visiting the office please consider donating a dollar to the State Organ Donor Awareness Program.

page bottom